CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERE PLASMA SYSTEM (CAPS)
ShellCoat – CAPS are designed for high-end applications in plasma spray for coating that is thin, dense, oxide-free, and very pure. The purpose of NEW CAPS Equipment is to perform Plasma coating in controlled (air, argon and nitrogen) atmosphere reducing the amount of oxide in the coating. The main chamber is used to apply plasma coating to different applications as land-based and in-flight turbine components and biomedical parts as well as solid oxide fuel cells and combustion chamber.
Its design allows a complete evacuation of the oxygen through vacuum, then the chamber is backfilled with inert gas (Argon) to reach the level of pressure according to plasma spray recipe. The NEW CAPS Equipment has a conveyor on rail system that upload/download parts from the transfer chamber (Pre-Chamber) to the coating chamber (Main-Chamber). Main-chamber and Pre-chamber are separated by a gate valve, that allows to fully preserve the conditions inside the main chamber.
The NEW CAPS Equipment incorporates ARTEC’s control plasma-coating system to have full control and an “User friendly” interface. All components and parts are designed and conceived to work into hot and dusty coating chamber environment.
Shell Coating equipments are set up as individual production units or as integrated part of a complete manufacturing line. ARTEC has developed specific solutions for the integration of Spray Core items with special designed and state of the art handling and peripheral components, giving customers the overall coating process they are looking for. A typical Shell coat equipment consists of core items, handling elements and peripheral components. ARTEC offers everything from core items up to peripheral components in one customized package or as stand-alone component integrated into existing coating equipment. These include:
|Gun||Multi-Spindle||Ventilation and Filter Systems|
|Powder Feeder||Loading & Unloading Conveyor||Vacuum Pumps|
|Power Supply||Carousel||Vacuum Chamber|
- Build on experience
- Wide Range of materials (Metal alloys, Carbides, blends, Cermets, Abradables and oxide ceramics)
- Full closed loop control of all coating parameters including mass flow control of the process gases (and fuels) and carrier gases.
- Power distribution unit to power up all peripherals
- Easy to operate and to maintain
- Plasma gases are argon, hydrogen, nitrogen and/or helium
- Wide range of applications
- All types of powder feeders are compatible
- Everything under control: full integration with heat exchangers, part handling (robot/turn-table/lathe) and exhaust filter systems (power and data exchange)
- Double walled chamber (cooling system)
- Touchscreen operator interface with intuitive visualization software
- Remote maintenance capability
- Sophisticated trending and reporting package
- Real time monitoring
- Multilevel alarm system and multilevel access
- Storage process recipes
- The loading/unloading of work-pieces is one in/one out completely automated system
- All vacuum connection, transfer chambers, filters, and vacuum pumps are made of stainless steel AISI 316L pipes.